Regency Arts Press Ltd. is a non-profit organization dedicated to publishing artists’ books with American contemporary artists. As a service for artists, we are primarily committed to fostering experimentation and innovation by giving them opportunities to work outside of the concerns and constraints of the commercial art marketplace. We publish major artist’s book projects with under-recognized artists and more experimental books with younger artists.
Our goals are to:
- Encourage artists to investigate their ideas and work processes through the experience of making an artist’s book, emphasizing thought and examination unpressured by today’s market-driven art economy
- Present artists with opportunities to experiment and realize their ideas outside of the visual and conceptual context of an exhibition
- Disseminate artists’ work and ideas to a general audience through an accessible medium financially affordable to many
- Preserve and further the genre of the artist’s book in this age of advancing technology
- Engage both the contemporary art community and interested general public through programming, specifically exploring the intersection of contemporary art and artists’ books and other art-related printed matter
Regency is also very involved in creating innovative public programming the explores the intersection between art and books.
Many of Regency Arts Press Ltd.’s books are distributed by D.A.P. Inc., and they are for sale at general interest bookstores, art bookstores, museum stores and galleries across the country and in Europe. They can also be purchased directly from Regency Arts Press Ltd.; please call or email us for more information.
In 2007 Regency participated in the NY Art Book Fair as well as the Editions/Artists’ Books Fair, both in New York City.